The BEST Vegan "Buttermilk" Pancakes
Updated: Nov 15, 2020
I'm going to share with you guys my favorite vegan pancake recipe so far! I didn't create this recipe, I got it off of the app Tasty by Buzzfeed, but these pancakes were super delicious! They stayed together perfectly and were pretty easy to make! This recipe makes 4 big pancakes, but if you make them smaller like I did, you can make 8 pancakes.
Here are the ingredients:
1 cup of flour
2 tablespoons of organic sugar
1 tablespoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1 cup of non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
maple syrup, to serve
Here are the instructions:
1. In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt, and stir to combine.
2. In a medium bowl or liquid measuring cup, add almond milk, apple cider vinegar, and vanilla extract, and stir to combine. Let it sit for about 5 minutes.
3. Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
4. Let the batter rest for about 5 minutes.
5. Add whatever fillings you want to be inside your pancakes. I added blueberries to some, and pumpkin spice to others.
6. Pour about 1/2 cup of batter onto a nonstick pan or griddle over medium heat.
7. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake, and cook until golden.
8. Serve with maple syrup, and enjoy!
Don't forget to take a picture and tag me on Instagram if you make them! :)